Re: emacsclient and gnus

From: Harry P
Subject: Re: emacsclient and gnus
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 23:40:22 -0600

>> C-x C-c does not kill the server here. But then I start my emacs in my
>> .xsession with "emacs --daemon" as documented somewhere for Emacs
>> 23.0.
>
> Me, too.  But C-x C-s in any gnus buffer (this message mode buffer,
> *Group*, *Summary*, ...) I'm asked to save my drafts, the dribble file
> and stuff, so I guess it'll really quit gnus.  Strange...

I thought so at first but when I thought a little more about it.  It
does make some sense.

By entering into the gnus session, I've basically taken over that gnus
session, so if I then tell gnus to stop the session (C-x C-s from
emacsclient) it seems that would apply to any session I've taken over.

But with the command you mentioned `C-x 5 0' I've relinquished control
of gnus so then C-x C-s only closes my emacsclient terminal.