Re: Additional software to read email with Gnus on Ubuntu?

From: emacsnews
Subject: Re: Additional software to read email with Gnus on Ubuntu?
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:22:37 +0000

Hi thruxton,
            I have the same setup as you, and have (mostly) configured
            my gnus, but as you will soon learn, it is a loooong process
            (you keep finding more things you can do).
            For sending mail I use emacs' own smtpmail (included with
            emacs) since this gives me complete control; I can easily
            see/alter exactly what it's doing. I originally tried ssmtp
            then msmtp, but couldn't configure them exactly the way I wanted.
            I have the following tls related packages installed:
            gnutls-bin, guile-gnutls, libcurl3-gnutls, libgnutls26, and
            libgnutls-dev. I can't remember if they were actually needed
            by smtpmail since I installed them for ssmtp and msmtp, but
            they (the tls stuff) only use around 4 or 5mb.

--
aleblanc