Re: '=> gmane.emacs.help' as sender?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: '=> gmane.emacs.help' as sender?
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 23:06:25 +0200

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> writes:

> I just pulled a fresh org-mode from the git-repo
>
> ,-----------------------------------------
> | Head:     c2aac5f org-element: Add tests
> `-----------------------------------------
>
> and write this post as
> a test if message-mode and orgstruct++ work well together now, without
> error messages and strange indentation - and while writing, autofill
> works correctly, but filling a written paragraph doesn't work:
>
> when hitting M-q to fill a paragraph I get the following error (and
> nothing happens:
>
> let: Wrong number of arguments: #[(arg) "Â.ÃÄ \")‡"
> [filladapt-inside-filladapt arg t filladapt-fill-paragraph fill-paragraph]
> 3
> ("/home/tj/gitclone/emacs24-starter-kit/src/el-get/emacs-goodies-el/elisp/emacs-goodies-el/filladapt.elc"
> . 10607) "*P"], 0

Okay, so you must have

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-filladapt-mode)

and then

(add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'turn-on-orgstruct++)

Is this right?  In this order?

I don't use filladapt-mode and I see it dates from 1998.
Is is still useful?  What for?

> checking more orgstruct++ functionality:
>
> test tree/list:
> ,---------------------
> | **** 2nd
> | **** newest
> | ***** TODO
> | lfjaslöjf sjfasklöjf
> | afjöaljf lfjaslökfj
> | jaslfjfaslfjaj
> | ****** hello item
> |
> | - lst 1
> | - lst 2
> | - lst 3
> `---------------------
>

> M-up        Move entry/item up  # works, but moves item below signature
> (see below)
> M-down            Move entry/item down  # works, but ...
> M-left            Promote   # works (on tree and all subtrees simultaneously)
> M-right           Demote    # works (on tree and all subtrees simultaneously)
> M-S-up            Move entry/item up  # error
> M-S-down    Move entry/item down # error:  org-move-subtree-down: Cannot move
> past superior level or buffer limit
> M-S-left    Promote subtree  # works
> M-S-right   Demote subtree  # works
> M-q       Fill paragraph and items like in Org-mode  # error, see above
> C-c ^     Sort entries # no errors
> C-c -     Cycle list bullet # works
> TAB         Cycle item visibility   # doesn't work
> M-RET       Insert new heading/item  # works
> S-M-RET     Insert new TODO heading / Checkbox item  # works
> C-c C-c     Set tags / toggle checkbox # works

This all works the same in an Org-mode buffer, so apart from M-q things
are well.

Let me know about filladapt-mode -- thanks!

--
 Bastien