Re: beginner splitting mail

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: beginner splitting mail
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 19:42:55 +0200

Steven Arntson <steven@stevenarntson.com> writes:

> I didn't go with nnml originally because of this quote from the gnus
> manual under "mail spool": "The nnml spool mail format isn't compatible
> with any other known format. It should be used with some caution."
> Scared me off instantly!

If you want other programs than Gnus to handle your emails on disk, you
should not choose nnml, because Gnus assumes that it "owns" everything
in that case.

If that is fine with you, then I think nnml should be the default choice.

(The alternative, if that isn't fine with you, is probably nnmaildir,
which - as far as I understand - assumes that the files are shared
between multiple programs.)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Why should they care                                        Adam Sjøgren
  With bitter eyes                                       asjo@koldfront.dk