Re: beginner splitting mail (respooling)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: beginner splitting mail (respooling)
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 12:56:38 +0200

Steven Arntson <steven@stevenarntson.com> writes:

> I put point on a message in
> nnfolder+archive:sent.2014-03, and typed B r. I was
> asked what backend to use, and I chose nnml. The
> respooling happened, but the message ended up in
> nnml:mail.misc and not nnml:mail.sent. How do I go
> about routing it to the right endpoint?

Try to split mails from you to that group. If it works,
after respooling, you can drop it as the mails should
go there anyway because of this line:

(setq gnus-message-archive-group '("nnml:mail.sent") )

That is, in my case:

(setq nnmail-split-methods
 '(("mail.sent" "^From: Emanuel Berg")
   ; ...
   ("mail.misc" "") ))

I suspect there is another, perhaps better way, but
what I can see that should work. (You might have to use
a more complicated regexp instead of just your name
depending on how consistent that header is.)

By the way, if you don't know about it, `B q' can be
more practical while testing - it just says where the
message would go, without actually moving it.

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573