Re: How to change the behavior when replying to your own message

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: How to change the behavior when replying to your own message
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 13:11:20 +0200

SStar writes:

> Just wondering if there is a easy way to identify that I am replying my
> own message, which actually means to reply to the Receiver.

There is, configure the variable message-dont-reply-to-names to match
your email-address(es).

,----[ C-h v message-dont-reply-to-names RET ]
| message-dont-reply-to-names is a variable defined in `message.el'.
| Its value is
| "\\(asjo\\|adam\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\)"
| Original value was nil
|
| Documentation:
| *Addresses to prune when doing wide replies.
| This can be a regexp or a list of regexps.  Also, a value of nil means
| exclude your own user name only.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
| version 24.3 of Emacs.
`----

And then do a wide reply.

Some what related: You can also set gnus-ignored-from-addresses, which
will show the To: address instead of the From: in the *Summary*,
whenever the article is from you.

,----[ C-h v gnus-ignored-from-addresses RET ]
| gnus-ignored-from-addresses is a variable defined in `gnus-sum.el'.
| Its value is
| "\\(asjo\\|adam\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\)"
| Original value was
| "asjo@koldfront\\.dk"
|
| Documentation:
| *From headers that may be suppressed in favor of To headers.
| This can be a regexp or a list of regexps.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
| version 21.1 of Emacs.
|
| [back]
`----

Hope this helps!

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "XHTML was history over five years ago. It's time you        Adam Sjøgren
  XML fanatics accept that HTML is a different language  asjo@koldfront.dk