Re: is this a bug in gnus v5.13? Re: gnus INBOX housekeeping, kept (copi

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: is this a bug in gnus v5.13? Re: gnus INBOX housekeeping, kept (copies of) mail lying around
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 10:44:27 +0100

Eric writes:

[...trim your quotes, folks...]

> (setq nnimap-split-fancy
>       '(|
>       ("From" "googlealerts.*" "INBOX.google-alerts")
>       (any "c[...]" "INBOX.tmp")
>       ;; Invoke the BBDB
>       (: (lambda ()
>            (car (bbdb/gnus-split-method))))
>       ;; Default mailbox
>       ("INBOX" "")))
>
> I'm not a splitting expert (I've stopped using it, and wasn't very good
> at it to begin with), but there are a couple of things odd about this.
> First, I don't think that's how you're supposed to use
> `bbdb/gnus-split-method'. The comments in bbdb-gnus indicate that you're
> supposed to do something like this:
>
> (setq nnmail-split-methods 'bbdb/gnus-split-method)
> (setq bbdb/gnus-split-nomatch-function nnimap-split-fancy)

You don't have to, I have been using the former way since days of yore.

The point is that I want the rules before the call to bbdb/gnus-split-
method to "overrule" bbdb.

(E.g. I want commit messages to go to a commit-group, regardless of
whether I have the person who did the commit configured in bbdb to be
split into another group).

I have, however, also these two bbdb-splitting related settings:

  (setq bbdb/gnus-split-default-group nil
        bbdb/gnus-split-nomatch-function nil)

I don't know if the first could be of relevance here - I guess not,
because then Gijs' emails would have been going to mail.misc...

(IMAP is complicated.)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Some people... some people like cupcakes exclusively,       Adam Sjøgren
  while I myself say there is naught nor ought there be  asjo@koldfront.dk