Re: gnus INBOX housekeeping, kept (copies of) mail lying around

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: Re: gnus INBOX housekeeping, kept (copies of) mail lying around
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 08:28:46 +0100

On  5 Jan 2016, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

[...]

Earlier I reported:

[...]

Which I was told could have something to do with

[...]

And now I wonder:

If my Gnus (5.13, part of Debian's Emacs) copies messages back into the
INBOX, does fancy-split set the delete/expunge IMAP flag to these?

Because, if it does not flag them for deletion, would that perhaps
explain why the nightly Cyrus pruning does not do anything? Cyrus is set
to remove from disk all messages that have been flagged for deletion for
3 days.