Re: gnus INBOX housekeeping, kept (copies of) mail lying around

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: Re: gnus INBOX housekeeping, kept (copies of) mail lying around
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 13:38:44 +0100

On  5 Jan 2016, Gijs Hillenius wrote:

> Doing some Gnus imap folders housekeeping this morning, I found that
> 8000 messages (called 131940.  131941. etcetera) /hiding/ in the
> imap's INBOX. It looks like these are all emails that I've 'deleted'
> in Gnus, so they don't show. But for some reason they're not actually
> deleted.
>
> Is this a setting I messed up? I recall there used to be such a
> feature, but I don't remember what that was called. I've been
> searching the manual for this, so far without the result I hoped to
> find.
>
> I would appreciate a few hints.

encouraged by the two replies...

I just sent myself two emails (from a throw-away gmail account), and
notice that these messages end up on the system twice.

My nnimap-split-fancy places them in the correct nnimap mail group, but
a "copy" (or perhaps the original) stays in the INBOX, hidden.

Does that ring a bell, with anyone?

--
BOFH excuse #320:

You've been infected by the Telescoping Hubble virus.