Re: Is there a simple way to set up spam filtering?

From: Saša Janiška
Subject: Re: Is there a simple way to set up spam filtering?
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 21:23:42 +0100

On Sub, 2016-01-30 at 21:16 +0200, Teemu Likonen wrote:

> You should also read the docs for nnmail-split-fancy variable so that
> you understand how mail splitting works.

Sure. I'll do.

> The above configuration will move detected incoming spam messages to
> group "spam", unsure messages to group "unsure"

That's fine.

> and all good (ham) messages to group "misc".

Considering that I've several email accounts + accounts of wife/mother,
how to configure it to leave ham messages in original INBOX folder?

> In Gnus summary buffer you can use commands M-x bogofilter-register-spam and
> M-x bogofilter-register-ham to train Bogofilter's database.

Those cmds are familiar to me from before. :-)

> Command M-x bogofilter-check will display current message's
> status and spam score.

Nice one!

> Also see the functions' documentation.
> And that's pretty much it.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
In the material world, one who is unaffected by whatever good
or evil he may obtain, neither praising it nor despising it,