Re: Automatically sort groups into topics

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Automatically sort groups into topics
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 08:40:22 +0200

john@ankarstrom.se (John Ankarström) writes:

> Well, alphabetical order would be one way to do it

I'll get back to this issue later...

>> `gnus-summary-post-news'?
>
> This unfortunately doesn't seem to work for me -
> I suppose it's because I use IMAP instead of NNTP

The simplest way to do this manually is to use the
.mailrc file - one line would look like this:

    alias w3m "w3m-el list <emacs-w3m@namazu.org>"

It'll be manual but very quick. One stroke to bring up
a new empty mail, three strokes to write "w3m".

The .mailrc file is great for person-to-person mails
as well, and as an address book.

To do this automatically it can be done with the
gnus-mailing-list-* functions, perhaps with a bit of
tweaking (i.e., look how it is done, write your own
defun) - however this is all based on getting header
data from a present article (or mail). If there isn't
one, it won't work.

I suppose you could set up an association table
between what you call the lists as groups and their
addresses. Too much work for such a small gain,
I'd say.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573