jami

Re: How to unsubscribe (was: [SPAM] Re: Why Jami?)

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 22:04:55 +0300

bill-auger <bill-auger@peers.community> wrote:
> ChG <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Can someone tell me how to unsubscribe to this email list ?
>
> this is a standard "mailman" mailing list - the delivery controls are very
> similar for most mailing lists that you will come across - you can subscribe
> or unsubscribe, temporarily or permanently, at any time, using the same web
> page that you used to subscribe originally, in this case:

Thatʼs a valid advice, of course; however, what is indeed a _standard_, and a
strictly supervised (by spam-filters) one, and therefore respected by hundreds
and hundreds mailing lists (even read-only) with no regards which software they
run on, is the header ‘List-Unsubscribe’ added to every mail passed through a
list, which provides you with link(s) to unsubscribe.  In our case by HTTP and
by mail, the latter is quicker.