Re: Task destruction

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: Re: Task destruction
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:00:38 -0400 (EDT)

What you're describing is exactly what I had previously had on my list to
add to Mach.  The easiest approach (for the kernel/task server) is if there
is just some magic token (send right in Mach) that is inherited from task
to task and which can only be changed (or fetched in the case of a Mach
send right) by something privileged like a proc server.  Then any
unregistered task is accounted as belonging to whatever registered task
ancestor it had, such as an entire subhurd belonging to boot.