Re: Task destruction

From: Wolfgang Jährling
Subject: Re: Task destruction
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:08:10 +0200

Niels Möller <address@hidden> wrote:
> I just meant that messages are sent in both directions: death
> notifications are sent by the task server to proc, and kill requests
> are sent from proc to the task server.

Ah, thanks.

> Will all handles be used in this way?

Not really.  An RPC usually involves an IPC from the user to the server
and another IPC from the server to the user, and in both cases it will
be checked by the receiver if the sender actually is associated with the
object handle.

In the case of task death notification, it should be enough to do one
IPC.  But for a kill request, I'm not sure.  But this is an
implementation detail anyway.

Cheers,
GNU/Wolfgang

--