Re: Task destruction

From: Niels Möller
Subject: Re: Task destruction
Date: 06 Aug 2002 15:04:32 +0200

Wolfgang Jährling <address@hidden> writes:

> I currently fail to see how the system administrator will have control
> over every task (or process) in your design.

Well, if for example one tasks starts to consume a lot of cpu or
memory, that should show up as resources consumed by the responsible
process in the ps/top listing, and the sysadm could kill that. Not
much different from controlling a single thread that starts to
misbehave: The sysadm can find the corresponding process, and kill
that. For a child hurd, that would be the corresponding boot process.

(One might of course have specialized tools for killing individual
tasks as well).

/Niels