Re: RFC: PowerPC support for laden

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: RFC: PowerPC support for laden
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:37:46 +0200

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 11:51:31AM +0200, Maurizio Boriani wrote:
> I think sould be a good thing get module_table a bit complex adding it a
> string for module name and another one for arg. So module_table will
> has: word address for module start, module string name and module arg
> string (more close to ia32 multiboot implemented by GRUB).

We definitely need a comand line, but as one string (or maybe in argz form):

argv0\0argv1\0argv2\0\0

>   .long module_<name>_start
>   .string "<name>\0"
>   .string "<arg...>\0"

You need to create an index into a string table, so you don't get any
alignment issues.  Alternatively you need a size field and add padding.

> Another idea is to generalize this to have a "modulizer" which will be
> useful also for dde (serv and its modules to bootstrap) and others.

You should not mix this up.  This whole modules-into-laden thing is a hack.

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/