Re: RFC: PowerPC support for laden

From: Maurizio Boriani
Subject: Re: RFC: PowerPC support for laden
Date: 01 Oct 2003 19:34:10 +0200

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 16:37, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> We definitely need a comand line, but as one string (or maybe in argz form):
>
> argv0\0argv1\0argv2\0\0
>
> >   .long module_<name>_start
> >   .string "<name>\0"
> >   .string "<arg...>\0"
>
> You need to create an index into a string table, so you don't get any
> alignment issues.  Alternatively you need a size field and add padding.

thank you for suggestions! I prefer first option (a string table) seems
cleaner

> > Another idea is to generalize this to have a "modulizer" which will be
> > useful also for dde (serv and its modules to bootstrap) and others.
>
> You should not mix this up.  This whole modules-into-laden thing is a hack.

an interesting hack :) But you are right... Do you already think
something about how provide device server with device driver needed at
bootstrap (I know, there isn't for now a device server but just a
curiosity)

Thanks,
Maurizio