Re: RFC: PowerPC support for laden

From: Johan Rydberg
Subject: Re: RFC: PowerPC support for laden
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:23:06 +0200

Maurizio Boriani <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Maurizio.  Thanks for your comments.

: > The build-piggyback script does exactly what the name tells you:
: > it builds a finished piggyback binary from the laden binary and
: > a set of modules given to the script.
:
: I think sould be a good thing get module_table a bit complex adding it a
: string for module name and another one for arg. So module_table will
: has: word address for module start, module string name and module arg
: string (more close to ia32 multiboot implemented by GRUB).

Yes, I agree.  But I have not yet figured out how to pass the arguments
as options to the build-piggyback script.  Do you have any ideas for a
good scheme?

: Another idea is to generalize this to have a "modulizer" which will be
: useful also for dde (serv and its modules to bootstrap) and others.

I thought Marcus always has solved these problems for DDE.  And actually,
all this piggyback-stuff is just a work-around until Marco/Barry has
ported PUPA to PowerPC.

: I'd be happy also to see "work in progress" or wait for a first release
: (or cowork with you :) )

I currently have some problems with sigma0 as you might have seen.
Other than that, wortel and physmem is more or less done.

--
Johan Rydberg, Free Software Developer, Sweden
http://rtmk.sf.net | http://www.nongnu.org/guss/

Playing Hooverphonic - Vinegar & Salt