Re: Hey all, I would like to help write some docs

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Hey all, I would like to help write some docs
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:00:22 +0200

"B. Douglas Hilton" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been lurking here on this list for a looong time. Just switched
> my email over and thought this would be a good time to speak up, I
> would like to start getting involved here if possible. I was pretty
> active with OSKit-Mach for a while about two years ago and I actually
> patched GNU Pth to compile in Hurd.  Unfortunately my Pentum II box
> died and I haven't been able to get gnuMach to boot on my newish
> Athlon XP monster box with its nForce IDE chipset and I really don't
> see the point in fooling with gnuMach any more.

Welcome back. :)

> I was going to work on making some L4/Hurd installation documentation
> on the hurd wiki web site and elsewhere for starters. I have applied
> to become a developer on the savannah system.

Please do.  Please understand that hurd-l4 is not yet functional for
users.  But it is a good thing to keep documenting everything from the
beginning IMHO.

You don't need to be a savannah developer in order to help us.  Just
send patches. :)

> Whats the next step? Point me to some source code so I can try and
> build it.

Just check out the sourcecode of the hurd-l4 module in the CVS
repository of the Hurd.  Build it, play with it, read the
documentation that is already there, etc.

And if you don't understand something, please ask.

--
Marco