Re: help: echo code..

From: markus kaarn
Subject: Re: help: echo code..
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:26:23 -0600

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

At Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:00:09 -0600,
Markus Kaarn <address@hidden> wrote:
I have default GRUBs menu.lst entry for Hurd-l4
as shown in hurd-l4/README.

As i said, my problem is, that i can't get characters echo'ed
when Hurd-l4 boots.

I wounder, maybe i must in some clever way compile L4
(give some spec. arguments to ./configure..), or else..?

Do you get output from laden -D?
Yep, more than i can read out(can't scroll back)!
Wortel gives debug info when i pass -D to it.

If you don't get any output, hell, I don't know what's wrong with your
computer.  The vga driver is really simple, you can check it out
yourself.

Are you working on a real PC?  If yes, which video card?  If you work
on an emulator, which one?
No, i use no emu, my system is to slow to handle any of them(633Mhz(Coppermine)). It's easyer to me to get reboot everytime than wait hours for emu to boot image. Actually i used only Boch some time ago, maybe if i have will i'll try out QEMU.

On my PC i have nVidia [Riva TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro] 32Mb.
Your question about it made me doubt if it's good with running Hurd-L4,
i have another Voodoo [Banshee 16Mb] on my brothers PC, maybe could use that one.
If it'll fail, well.. i still have old ATI Rage64 somwhere.

But i don't think you ppl out there running Hurd-L4 only with sucha legacy video cards.

If i set (-o vga) wortel must output to VGA, and if (-o serial..) is set
wortel output to serial.. ??

Have a good time,

Markus