Re: help: echo code..

From: markus kaarn
Subject: Re: help: echo code..
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:57:04 -0600

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

Try qemu.  It's way faster than bochs, and may just work good enough
for you.
Ok, i will.

No, there is no difference in basic VGA... The only concern would have
been a monochrome video card from the 80s :)
Ha ha X-)) you gave me something to laugh at!

Even more. I'm glad twice! Because i've got things running for me!
After i set:

./configure --with-wortel-loadaddr=0xf00000 --with-physmem-loadaddr=0xa00000

So, now i boot and get much more output than i expect. 8)
./configure using default loadaddr-values always causes memorry overlap between wortel and physmem. If i ./configure and change _only_ wortel, or _only_ physmem -loadaddr
it still cause conflicts i.e. physmem overlaps with Deva..

So, the solution is to change -loadaddr for modules.

There is too much debug info output, for real.. mm.. what is that method to use
serial port for output? Neal said it will be much easyer to use that one.
I must have 2 PC's and serial cable to connect those PC trought it?

And can i combine -o serial & -o vga ?

Thanks,
Markus.