Swapping pagers out

From: address@hidden
Subject: Swapping pagers out
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:23:48 +0100

Hello,

I decided to stop lurking around, so here's my first question :

I have read the design document : it seems that it is not possible
for a task to be completely paged out, because of the pager thread.
Am I correct ?

However, there is something written about a "final pager", and the
howto in the hurd-l4 sources states :
  "Then the last-resort pager in a task can run on memory in this
   container, and physmem can freely unmap that memory temporarily
   (for reorganization).  The last-resort pager would use physmem as
   its pager.  This relieves the need to wire down the memory the
   pager is running on."
Is this "last-resort pager" the same thing ? Does it mean that a
task can have more than one pager ? Or that each pager should
itself have a (possibly non user-defined, system-fallback) pager ?

JC