Re: How to add constructor to the Hurd?

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: How to add constructor to the Hurd?
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 23:47:38 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 06:46:45PM +0200, Pierre THIERRY wrote:

> So please answer clearly. Will you prevent someone including the
> constructor mechanism in the Hurd? Will the way it would be included
> modify that decision?

The answer should be pretty obvious: For the reasons stated before, we
will most likely never include the constructor mechanism in the official
ngHurd version distributed by the GNU project.

As this is free software, it's not for us to decide whether someone else
releases Disney-Hurd with full DRM support.

(Well, except that GPLv3 puts restrictions on that, but I'm not sure
what effect these will have exactly.)

-antrik-