Re: Design principles and ethics

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Design principles and ethics
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 07:12:07 +0200

Scribit Bas Wijnen dies 04/05/2006 hora 23:58:
> You're accepting the idea that an author has a natural right to
> control his work, even if he publishes it. I don't accept that.

Yes you do. You use copyright for yourself. Just place everything you
published in the public domain, and then we can continue the discussion.
;-)

> Sure. But if copyright is just wrong in itself, and doesn't actually
> function well either, then it should be dropped.

There's no evidence of that. What can make you say it doesn't actually
functions?

> Note that I'm not "forcing free publication". I'm just not giving
> authors the right to enslave their readers.

Not giving right to control *is* forcing free publication.

Quickly,
Nowhere man
--
address@hidden