Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: Retrieving DATA session from multisession audio

From: Eric Shattow
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: Retrieving DATA session from multisession audio disc
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 03:11:42 -0700

The notes at http://howto-pages.org/cdwriting/11.php explain one way to do this:

"

Write the audio tracks to the CD, but in multisession mode:

# cdrecord dev=0,0 fs=4m speed=4 -v -multi -audio list_of_audio_tracks
Find out the extent of the session just written:

# cdrecord dev=0,0 -msinfo
0,148754

This information will be used when you build your ISO image with
mkisofs and the -C command line parameter (see "Multisession
CD-ROMs").
Write the data session:

# cdrecord dev=0,0 speed=8 fs=16mb -v -eject your_iso_filesystem.iso

Note that we're no longer writing audio tracks here so we can boost
the write speed.

"

I have not tried this method myself, and it does sound dated. I think
this makes sense with what we are discussing anyways.