[Libcdio-devel] Re: Retrieving DATA session from multisession audio disc

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Re: Retrieving DATA session from multisession audio disc
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:48:38 +0100

Hi,

> # cdrecord dev=0,0 fs=4m speed=4 -v -multi -audio list_of_audio_tracks

A conventional multi-session run.
So far so good.

> # cdrecord dev=0,0 -msinfo
> 0,148754

Here we learn the Next Writeable Address of the
media.

> mkisofs and the -C command line parameter
> # cdrecord dev=0,0 speed=8 fs=16mb -v -eject your_iso_filesystem.iso

That will be a TAO session with CD-ROM Mode 1
sectors.
Known to work fine ... but:

Reader devices do not necessarily expect a
mix of audio and Mode 1.
The CD-XA specs are said to demand that all
tracks in such a mix have to be Mode 2 Form 1
or Form 2. (One can find traces in MMC and
in ECMA-168.)

On a computer you can expect this to be well
readble. But what about older CD players ?

The cdrecord recipie i am looking for would
use options like -xa1 , -xa2 , -raw ...
Important is to get a confirmation that the
result really complies to the semi-secret specs.
I could then use cdrecord -V to learn about
the involved MMC commands.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas