Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.83 release around Oct 27

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.83 release around Oct 27
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 13:35:53 +0200

Hi,

in-advance congrats to the upcomming release.

> - Add exclusive read/write access for devices which is used for experimental
>   writing/burning. Currently only on GNU/Linux and FreeBSD.

A while ago i submitted a patch to enable this on Solaris, too:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libcdio-devel/2010-06/msg00009.html
(patch link is still alive)
but i cannot spot a matching commit in
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libcdio.git;a=log
and

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libcdio.git;a=blob;f=lib/driver/solaris.c;h=219434ee174c023725a4a7e8b5bdfb2b0fab5440;hb=HEAD
shows the old version of enum access_mode_t.

Was there anything particularly bad with this patch ?
The mailing list archives show a possibly unfinished conversation
about drive listing.

I have to confess that i did not test much with libcdio on Solaris
during the last months. If there is interest, i would start my test
machine and check whether it has any problems left.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas