Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.83 release around Oct 27

From: Dagobert Michelsen
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.83 release around Oct 27
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 13:20:28 +0200

Hi Rocky,

sorry for the late reply, feel free to ping me as I sometimes loose track
and background activities...

Am 20.10.2011 um 18:03 schrieb Rocky Bernstein:
> I've compiled this on current10s. Would have tried on a 64-bit machine
> as well, but I wasn't sure what that would
> be called.
>
> In the past I asked for a real CD or DVD drive with various kinds of
> media (audio CD, data CD with an ISO-9660
> filesystem)  to be attached for libcdio testing. I didn't want to
> bother you, but if you don't mind if you could attach
> devices and let me know privately where those are attached that'd help.

I hope to get back next week to set up something. As I said feel free to ping
me and I promise not to be bothered :-)

> But since this is all remote, even better would be if you could build
> and run "make test" on a physical box where
> you can eject drives and put in CD's and see that things work, that'd
> be even better.

I have massive problems building this. How did you build it on Solaris?
With Sun Studio or GCC?

> As with Thomas and his shameless plug, I will put in a plug for mine.
> I recently released a new version of remake.
> There is no Solaris package for it yet. Git sources for that if you
> don't want to get via
>   git clone git://github.com/rocky/remake.git
>
> is in ~/src/external-vcs/remake. I used those to build libcdio rather
> than gmake. It would be nice if that were a
> Solaris package.

I couldn't bootstrap from the git clone:

> unstable9s% autoreconf -fi
> Copying file ABOUT-NLS
> Copying file config/config.rpath
> /opt/csw/bin/gautopoint: : is not an identifier
> autoreconf: /opt/csw/bin/gautopoint failed with exit status: 1

Have you bootstrapped on the farm?

Best regards

  -- Dago

--
"You don't become great by trying to be great, you become great by wanting to
do something,