Re: [Libcdio-devel] problems with libcdio on openbsd (and probably netbs

From: Edd Barrett
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] problems with libcdio on openbsd (and probably netbsd too)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 11:33:54 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 06:06:23AM -0400, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> Thanks for your interest in libcdio and your comments. It looks like yes
> the error messages should be turned in to warnings.

Great. I'm glad to get closure on this!

> Would you work up a patch incorporating Thomas' (and others ideas if they
> should subsequently appear) and send it?

I'm working on it as we speak. I'll probably throw out an updated port
diff to the OpenBSD community first and see if users find anything wrong
(I also have to patch the consumers of libcdio that need the paranoia
part. Our in-tree port is pre-split!)

Our consumers of libcdio are currently:
audio/aqualung
audio/audacious-plugins
audio/cantata
audio/clementine
audio/cmus,-main
audio/deadbeef
audio/mpd
emulators/pcsxr
emulators/virtualjaguar
graphics/vcdimager
multimedia/mpv
multimedia/xine-lib
x11/tellico

(wow xine, there's a blast from the past!)

> As for how to send it, I am not sure that savannah.gnu.org something as
> nice as  a git "pull/merge" request. But if you did this in git you can use
> "git format-patch" or "git diff" . And of course there is also "diff -u" if
> was not done in git. But in "diff" please list the old version first.
>
> Then add the patch to
> https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=additem&group=libcdio  I'll put it in
> a branch which will allow others to more easily review and then from there,
> we'll merge it into the main branch.

OK. Bear with me though, testing will take a little while.

Cheers.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett