Re: [Libcdio-devel] problems with libcdio on openbsd (and probably netbs

From: Edd Barrett
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] problems with libcdio on openbsd (and probably netbsd too)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 11:40:50 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 09:46:06AM -0400, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> No rush. After all, it's been broken all of these years.
>
> Does FreeBSD have something like valgrind to detect memory leaks, and bad
> free()'s?

Not sure about FreeBSD, but OpenBSD has a port of valgrind. It doesn't
work particularly well in my experience (compared to how well it works
on Linux), but worth a shot.

We do have malloc flags, which can be useful for finding other kinds of
memory errors:
https://man.openbsd.org/malloc.conf

--
Best Regards