Re: [Libcdio-devel] problems with libcdio on openbsd (and probably netbs

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] problems with libcdio on openbsd (and probably netbsd too)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 14:52:59 +0200

Hi,

Robert Kausch wrote:
> Hi folks, I'm still reading the mailing list.

Rocky will hopefully forgive me if i briefly try to exploit this fact.

> The letter names the raw partition, the one to open for raw disc access.
> It's defined as RAW_PART in sys/disklabel.h and should be used like 'a' +
> RAW_PART to find the correct letter.

Is there documentation about what a raw partition can do which the others
cannot ?

libburn tries with 'c' and 'd' :

  fd = open(path, O_RDWR | O_NDELAY);
  ret = ioctl(fd, SCIOCIDENTIFY, &addr);

and wants to see after successful ioctl():

  addr.type == TYPE_SCSI

>From then on, the drive is regarded as usable for SCSI transactions
via ioctl(SCIOCCOMMAND).

Is this too daring ?