libffcall

Re: [Libffcall] Debug and cleanup projects

From: Sandeep K Chaudhary
Subject: Re: [Libffcall] Debug and cleanup projects
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 22:31:32 -0800

Hi Avneet,

Thanks for the reply ! I am experienced with working big code bases in C. I guess I should have formally introduced myself. Anyway, better late than never so here it goes :

I am a second year masters student in Computer Science at University of Waterloo in Canada. Before joining University of Waterloo, I worked for Cisco Systems and implemented networking features on their OS (written in C) . Before Cisco, I did my undergrads from IIT Guwahati in India. I am currently working improving tolerance against uncorrectable ECC errors in memory in the Linux kernel. This involves reading other's codes (most of the time), and writing patches and modules.

About libffcall, I have installed it and am now looking at code and some bugs (though I don't have anything concrete yet). I will get back as soon as I do.

About the README file, I believe the installation procedure needs some modification

"        mkdir make
        cd make
        ./configure --cache-file=config.cache "

Since the 'configure' script is in the ffcall root dir, one should give the path to it. Please correct if I am wrong.

Thanks and regards,
Sandeep.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 11:19 PM, Avneet Kaur <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Sandeep K Chaudhary
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Can someone please reply to me?

Welcome Sandeep !

Keep patience. You will get response definitely.

Good to know that you are showing interest in this project.
Which skills do you have for debugging ? Have you ever made a project
in C ? Show us your code readability by submitting patches for the
bugs. Explore Libffcall source code, compile it, find bugs more and
more.

Happy Hacking !

--
Er. Avneet Kaur
Blog: www.avneetkhasla.wordpress.com

"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working
together is success."

--
Thanks and regards,
Sandeep K Chaudhary.