Re: linking modules into programs problem

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: linking modules into programs problem
Date: 28 Mar 2001 19:43:26 -0300

On Mar 28, 2001, Nick Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:

> My main problem with changing need_lib_prefix is that its counter
> intuitive to the user and actually breaks some pkgs in NetBSD pkgsrc
> that have made the assumption that building a with -o name.la -module
> results in an object of the form name.so.

OTOH, no one should expect creating a name.la -module to result in
name.so.  There's no such guarantee.  You can extract the lib name
from the .la script, but, if you decide to guess it by yourself, you
risk guessing wrong, and you can't blame libtool for that.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}