[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: MinGW libtool DLL failure

From: Max Bowsher
Subject: Re: MinGW libtool DLL failure
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 00:19:45 +0100

Elizabeth Barham wrote:
>    This patch allowed libMagick++ to compile on my machine.
>    The one thing that concerns me is the name of the import library is
> hard-coded ${lib}.a, which is okay in that the import library looks
> like "qqq.dll.a" but Max has something going about putting DLLs with
> the executables and the libraries in the library directory during
> install.  Is this going to help or hinder Max's work?

Don't worry about me! I think we are working towards broadly similar goals -
it shouldn't be much effort for me to merge the changes you are making into
my stuff.
I've just started University this week, so free time is not abundant, but
when I get some more, I will try and complete some of this half done stuff
I've got on my hard drive.


> +  mingw*)
> +    # On msys 1.0 and win98, the maximum length was something like
> +    # 200,000 and took around 45 minutes to get there... ouch!
> +    lt_cv_sys_max_cmd_len=32768;
> +    ;;

One of my patches merges a change from Cygwin for this. Caution though. I
read there that the max length for NT systems is only 8192 - so this patch
needs adjusting to not break libtool on NT.

> -  mingw* | pw32*)
> -    # FIXME: insert proper C++ library support
> -    _LT_AC_TAGVAR(ld_shlibs, $1)=no
> - ;;

I never got near this - I stayed within the bounds of plain C.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]