Re: (With Patch) Re: DESTDIR trouble

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: (With Patch) Re: DESTDIR trouble
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:49:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Abel Cheung wrote:

> On 2003-07-07(Mon) 23:03:24 +0200, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
> >  R> For several _YEARS_, packagers for software were very troubled because
> >  R> of not-completely-working staging install. I really hope this issue can
> >  R> be sorted out, once and for all.
> >
> > One way to address the "once for all" part would be to write a
> > test case.
>
> Does this mean that things are more likely to be corrected if test cases
> are added?

Yes, of course.  Without minimal tests which exercize the necessary
operations, the libtool maintainer is forced to assume that his
changes are correct, or needs to test with a large variety of existing
packages in order to ensure that the updates are correct prior to
commit.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden