Re: Darwin, convenience libraries, and common symbols

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: Darwin, convenience libraries, and common symbols
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:11:19 +0900

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 10:11  AM, Tyler Berry wrote:

It's a project of mine, actually. (I wouldn't be surprised if there's an
obvious error I've made, although I checked pretty thoroughly.)

Thanks for your help, Peter.

noinst_LTLIBRARIES   = libcommon.la
libcommon_la_SOURCES = basename.c dirname.c getdate.y stripslash.c \
        xgethostname.c xmalloc.c xstrdup.c yesno.c
libcommon_la_LDFLAGS = -static
libcommon_la_LIBADD  = @LTLIBOBJS@

remove the "libcommon_la_LDFLAGS = -static" from your Makefile.am and your problem should be solved (I think).

Thanks,
Peter