configuring libltdl

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: configuring libltdl
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 11:20:59 -0600 (CST)

It seems to me that for packages which embed libtool and use libltdl,
it is very trivial for the package's configure script to also
configure libltdl.  This is *much* more efficient time-wise and
space-wise than a recursive configure.  The fact that the libtool
package uses a recursive configure sets a bad example that causes
libltdl to seem like a lot more overhead than it really needs to be.

Should we convert the libltdl configuration to be part of libtool's
main configure script?

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden