Re: gcov

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: gcov
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:13:46 +0200

Hello Baurzhan,

* Baurzhan Ismagulov wrote on Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 03:28:09PM CEST:
> > > When I call gcov under /dir/build, it says "stamp mismatch with graph
> > > file" (perhaps the *.gc* files do not match a.o?). So I call it from
> > > /dir/build/.libs. In this case, a.c is looked for in ../prj/a, which
> > > doesn't exist. So, I've ln -s ../prj /dir/build/prj. Then gcov works as
> > > expected. Is there a better way to do that?

> >   libtool --mode=execute gcov ...
>
> Nope, "stamp mismatch with graph file" when called from /dir/build.

Hmm, ok.  Can you show a bit what you're doing?  My small tests with
libtool/tests/demo must be too simplistic to expose the issue fully.

Meanwhile, I think there also is a simple workaround: if you configure
with an absolute path:
  mkdir build
  cd build
  /absolute/path/to/source/tree/configure [...]
  make

then you should be able to skip the symlinking step; but it seems you
still have to go to the .libs subdirectory.  Not yet sure how to go
about a better solution.