Re: Absolute paths generated by libtool.

From: Benoit Sigoure
Subject: Re: Absolute paths generated by libtool.
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 07:55:38 +0100

Quoting Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden>:

* Benoit Sigoure wrote on Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 07:27:13AM CET:
Quoting Eric Blake <address@hidden>:
>According to Benoit Sigoure on 11/14/2006 9:35 AM:
>
>Have you tried writing the makefile with forward slashes?  Windows tends
>to do all right with them, in spite of the fact that they are not the
>documented directory separator.

Yes, I know this works. Unfortunately, some bits of the Makefiles come from
Qmake which is definitively targetting a mingw env.

So file a bug report with Qmake, and/or work around it in your M4
macros.

No because Qmake is right to use such a path in a mingw environment.
Working around it in my M4 macros would solve this specific problem but it
wouldnt be generic. This buildfarm is going to compile lots of different
projects and I don't want to tweak each of them separately, that's why I'm
trying to find generic workarounds (such as my perl scripts which rewrites
properly shell commands).

If simply passing -mno-cygwin to gcc is exactly like using mingw gcc,

No, e.g., for path handling reasons already stated, this is already
wrong.

Don't be picky :P

Also note that techincally you're cross-compiling, so you need
--host, and will encounter some more fun.

Yeah well, it's not like if I was to compile Windows binaries on Linux, I can
still run what I compile etc (important for make check).

By the way (that's slightly out of topic) my next target is to get it to
work with VC++ (sigh!). Will automake/autoconf and especially libtool
support vc++?

Forget about spaces in paths.  Grab CVS Libtool, search for the last
version of Peter Ekberg's Libtool patches for MSVC on this (or the
libtool-patches) list.  Alternatively, there's wgcc with its set of
Libtool patches, also to be found in this list's archive.  Neither patch
is currently part of Libtool as both cause regressions for unrelated
systems.

Hmm I think this means "no, libtool doesn't work with vc++" :)
However, I'll look at the different patches you mentionned and will try them.
Thanks for the references.

Does any of you people know about cccl [http://cccl.sourceforge.net/]? It seems
like an alternative to do what I want. I haven't tried it out though.

Hope that helps.

Yes, thank you.

--
SIGOURE Benoit aka Tsuna