Re: Announcing Dolt, a drop-in Libtool replacement which cuts build time

From: Tor Lillqvist
Subject: Re: Announcing Dolt, a drop-in Libtool replacement which cuts build times in half
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 07:54:35 +0000

Let me just point out another, old but apparently not well known, more
portable imrovement on libtool, libtool-cache. libtool-cache doesn't
replace libtool, but as can be guessed from its name, it just avoids
running libtool if the actual shell commands that would be executed by
libtool can be known beforehand. I have been using libtool-cache with
good success for several years. It speeds up builds on Win32 very
nicely. http://libtool-cache.sourceforge.net/

Maybe some libtool-cache-like functionality could even be integrated
into libtool itself in the future?

--tml