Re: Using libltdl with the Microsoft compiler

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: Using libltdl with the Microsoft compiler
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 05:03:04 -0400

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 09:52 +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Hi Braden,
>
> * Braden McDaniel wrote on Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 09:37:59AM CEST:
> > I've built libltdl with the Microsoft compiler and I'm trying to use it
> > to load a DLL.
>
> without having looked at this at all (and not sure whether I can):
> please give us rope so this can be reproduced: are you using MinGW,
> or Cygwin, or Interix, do you use a compiler wrapper like cccl, or
> one of the other ones, which libltdl version, and how did you configure
> it?  Probably its config.log (please gzip) would be helpful, too.

I'm building in the Visual C++ Express 9.0 IDE.  I have "configured" it
by inspecting the code and trial and error, coming up with a set of
preprocessor definitions that appears to work.  Here is what that set
currently looks like:

        __WIN32__
        _DEBUG
        _LIB
        _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
        HAVE_STDIO_H
        HAVE_STDLIB_H
        HAVE_STRING_H
        HAVE_CTYPE_H
        HAVE_MEMORY_H
        HAVE_ERRNO_H
        HAVE_ASSERT_H
        error_t=int
        LTDL_OBJDIR=\".\"
        LTDL_SHLIB_EXT=\".dll\"

But let me back up.  I thought I was using libtool 2.2.2.  It turns out
I wasn't.  Now that I am, it seems I have other problems.

In lt__glibc.h, there are symbols HAVE_ARGZ_H and HAVE_WORKING_ARGZ.
Yet, argz.h appears to be included irrespective of them.  Is this
intentional?  (It's a problem here because there is no argz.h.)

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <address@hidden>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <address@hidden>