Re: lily 1.4.9.uu1 pretest

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: lily 1.4.9.uu1 pretest
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 21:47:49 +0100 (MET)

Citat Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:

> I hope to release a 1.4.10 before the end of this year; I've made a
> test release available as a patch in the 1.4 subdirectory. If you know
> how to compile lilypond from source, could you please check whether it
> Works For You, and report success/failure stories to
> address@hidden

I am visiting my mother for X-mas, but just installed 1.4.9.uu1 for cygwin (on
her machine).
Still problems with chords getting extra spaces - i.e. C /E instead of C/E, C 7
instead of C7. German chords broken (accidentals gets displayed by name instead
of symbol) - a bit strange cause I remember that I fixed that one once... - But
from my current position I cannot send patches.
Bug-infected stuff shouldn't be in a stable release - the chords should be
either disabled or working.
"Some time" I will have a closer look / thought about the whole chord-thing /
lyrics thing... The cooperation between lily and tex does not work
satisfactorily (spacing problems, primarily), and chords are currently not
flexible enough. We need Chord contexts because they in contradiction to lyrics-
contexts transpose - but, well, I don't know...

> Happy Xmas, Merry New Year.

Tnx, U2.

-Rune