Re: blot_diameter

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: blot_diameter
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 01:04:18 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> In general, it probably really would be best if we could provide an scm
> font style function for each style that maps abstract font characters to
> concrete mf or ps or whatever else characters.  However, the problem will

that's easy; simply override 'molecule-callback to a new function that
does whichever behavior that you need; that function might just as
well request that the parmesan font be used, instead of the feta-font.

The real question is: should we have generic functionality for this
kind of style thing. Which symbols can have different styles, and in
what ways?  So far, I've heard note-head, stem, time-signature and
clef.

> be to find consensus about the definition range of this function: What, if
> I really want to use both, mensural and default note heads, in the same
> voice?

1. that is very unlikely 2. this is already supported by the Thread context.

> BTW.: If changing all these things, we should not forget to
> rename time signature style "old" into something like "mensural".

A patch is welcome