Re: Building on CygWin

From: Robin Davies
Subject: Re: Building on CygWin
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 22:31:07 -0400

Ok. I take it back. I've set some of my own jazz charts using 1.5.55 and the
spacing is amazingly beautiful. With 1.4.8 I was using forced \break's to
give the charts some breathing room (and cover up a lot of ugliness when
setting chords tightly). But with 1.5.55 they set perfectly without any
forced breaks.

Vertical spacing between chord parts has improved too.

Good job! (Just in case anyone forgets to say, often enough, how beautiful
the output of lilypond is).

I'll go through some of the samples I generated that brought about the
original comment and see whether I can be more specific. My vague impression
was that the vertical positioning of note heads was a little off in some of
the regression tests, but that's definitely not a problem in my stuff.

Regards,

Robin Davies.