Re: Cf. Hofstadter's Law

From: Han-Wen
Subject: Re: Cf. Hofstadter's Law
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 01:25:21 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> You have some rather hairy suggestions, and I haven't thought this
> through at all, but I think problems would be easier (that doesn't mean
> "easy" - just "easier") solved by moving the acc engraver to score
> level. This way all accidentals would be visible from each other.
> Problems would then be:
> - how to decide when the last acc is acked so that 2nd pass could start.
> - how to position accidentals on the staves.

I don't see the point of having an engraver at score level. No grobs
are created at score level, no information must be shared at score
level. Any information to be shared at another could be put in a
property (you can also put grobs or lists of grobs into a property).

I think that a property at PianoStaff level should be enough.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen