Re: Request for comments: Redesign of TimeSignature

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: Request for comments: Redesign of TimeSignature
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:06:17 +0200 (CEST)

On 19 Jul 2002, Laura Conrad wrote:

>     Han-Wen> Remove the timing-engraver from toplevel and insert in staff. Or
> set
>     Han-Wen> Staff.whichBar manually to get a barline.
>
> I did:
>
> \translator {
>  \ScoreContext
>  \remove "Timing_engraver"
>   }
> \translator {
>  \StaffContext
>  \consists "Timing_engraver"
>   }
>
> in the \paper block.  And I still get barlines propagating from one
> staff to the other, so I can't tell which staff has the repeat sign in
> the wrong place.  Did I do it wrong, or do I also need to do something
> else?

The trick is to put the timing engraver only into the affected staff, but
not into all staves.

In input/test/mensural-ligatures.ly, you can see how this can be done:
there are two VoiceContexts, called MensuralVoice and TranscribedVoice,
and Mensural_ligature_engraver is put only into MensuralVoice.

Greetings,
Juergen