Re: [Patch] Bugfix (Was: Re: Still missing some ancient clefs)

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: [Patch] Bugfix (Was: Re: Still missing some ancient clefs)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:52:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> > the default value.  But some other part of lily's code currently seems to
> > assume that this property is set to a value other than '().
>
> Are you sure that a sane notehead font/glyph-description comes out of
> the scheme function?  The dumps you showed look like the result of
> using an empty (nonexistant) glyph.

Yes, I am quite sure.

If in outputlib.scm I say

(define (find-notehead-symbol duration style)
  (cons "2xcircle" "music"))

such that it always returns a constant value, and
if I run a file (e.g. wtk1-fugue1.ly) with

   \property Staff.NoteHead \set #'style = #'xyz

then I get crossed circles, as expected.  If I say

   \property Staff.NoteHead \set #'style = #'()

then I get lots of error messages.  Hence, the scm function is not the
cause, since it constantly returns the same value.

Greetings,
Juergen