improved TeX output

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: improved TeX output
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 14:10:09 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Below my changes for improved TeX output (relative to CVS 2002-09-13,
> 15:34).  I've added a new section `Output details' to the lilypond
> manual to document it.

Argh.

Next time, can you make sure that the manual actually builds? I get
loads of

(/home/hanwen/usr/src/lilypond/share/lilypond/tex/source/lily-ps-defs.tex)
        [footer empty]) (lily-163291676.tex

(/home/hanwen/usr/src/lilypond/share/lilypond/tex/source/lilyponddefs.tex))
        Runaway argument?
        encoding musicEncoding music using letters and digits may appear
stra\ETC.
        ! Forbidden control sequence found while scanning use of \parseargline.
        <inserted text>
                        \par
        <to be read again>
                           \section
        l.395 @section
                       Batch processing
        Runaway argument?
        Batch processing\cindex GUI\cindex Batch\cindex UNIXWhen we started
d\ETC.
        ! Forbidden control sequence found while scanning use of \parseargline.
        <inserted text>
                        \par
        <to be read again>
                           \section
        l.426 @section
                       Music engraving
        Runaway argument?
        Music engraving\cindex engraving\cindex typographyMaking sheet music
\ETC.
        ! Forbidden control sequence found while scanning use of \parseargline.
        <inserted text>
                        \par
        <to be read again>
                           \section
        l.548 @section
                       Music representation

for all texinfo documents in the distribution.

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen