Re: improved TeX output

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: improved TeX output
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:12:26 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> > something somewhere (standchen exits with a coredump).
>
> ???  How can this happen?  I think that all objects have a horizontal
> dimension (otherwise it is a programming error), right?
>
> I am not guilty, mylord. :-)

It was my fault. There is a hairy reason why X and Y parents of grobs
are not marked during GC, and querying the extent of System caused the
system to touch a grob which was freed, because Break_align_engraver
didn't follow proper protocol for grob creation.

There is another brown-paper-bug holding back release: your new TeX
code produces lots of overfull boxes, leading to nasty black marks in
almost any score.