Re: improved TeX output

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: improved TeX output
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:38:34 +0200 (CEST)

> > I mentioned this already.  The first quick fix is to set
> > indentation in all lily fragments to 0pt (this is, patching
> > lilypond-book) since texinfo itself handles the indentation.
>
> Good. I myself always use TeX directly on the lilypond .tex
> output. It would be nice if that were fixed as well.

???  I don't understand what you write here.  Please rephrase.
lilypond's TeX output is really just a plain \hbox which includes
lilypond's indent value to make the origin of the \hbox identical with
lilypond's origin.  If you want to embed lilypond's output into a
(La)TeX document you should always say `indent = 0pt' within your .ly
file.

Personally, I'm in favour to change lilypond's default indentation (of
the first system) to zero, but your preferences are probably
different.

    Werner